10.07.2009

:: busy day ::

E. is taking Mitchell to the farm today to try to rearrange the cows & calves again.  I went to James’ soccer game at 10 o’clock and then to Henry’s at 11 o’clock.  The weather was perfect!  It was 52 degrees when I left for the first game so I drug out my old green fleece jacket.  By the second game it had warmed up and I left the coat in the car.IMG_4111IMG_4148 As in nearly every game the Crackerjacks have played this season, James starts out by scoring a goal immediately!     IMG_4133 Mike is helping coach Henry’s team today while his mom is busy getting everything wrapped up for the Country Club gala tonight for the “Books from Birth” fundraiser.IMG_4159IMG_4175 Another goal for James!  Go Crackerjacks!  These games can really be pretty exciting and I love that I can capture some fun photographs for the kids to look at after it is all over.IMG_4191James only gets to sit out for part of one quarter today . . . they were short of players since it is fall break.  Henry is taking a short nap before his game begins! IMG_4237 IMG_4271I like this photo & the one above it.  They show just how good a player James really is! IMG_4286 IMG_4296 IMG_4307I am not really sure just how much Henry understands about the game.  I do know that he loves to kick the ball!IMG_4335The four and five year olds are my favorite group . . . they are so cute and don’t have a clue!  Most of the time they don’t know which goal belongs to their team.IMG_4319Henry and his friends had a good time this morning and that is what really matters!

IMG_4439 After the games I went into town to run a couple of errands.  While going home I drove through the square and saw these men at the monument dressed as Civil War soldiers (well . . . I’m not sure how the one on the right is dresses as?). IMG_4354 IMG_4359 The lady with the guitar had the most beautiful voice so I stayed to listen to her through several songs.IMG_4365 IMG_4366This tall, lanky fellow surely does look familiar doesn’t he? IMG_4375 The courthouse is 150 years old this year . . . isn’t it beautiful!IMG_4388 IMG_4391 IMG_4401  IMG_4409 IMG_4414 IMG_4426   His hat is actually made of some sort of fur & looks great!

IMG_4429

Doesn’t this young lady look pretty in her wonderful blue dress?IMG_4427

I would have loved to stay for the entire program, but I’m picking the boys up at five and am bringing them to our house while their mom & dad go to the party.

IMG_0326E. called shortly before I left to get James and Henry to say that he and Mitchell were on their way home.  After I got back the three boys played baseball for about a half hour and then we piled into the car to take a gourmet tour of town!  First we went to Chick-fil-a for nuggets and fries, and then we stopped at Taco Bell and got out to get tacos and cinnamon twists and drinks.  We stayed at Taco Bell because there was no one else there and we don’t want the boys exposed to the flu again.

Back home so they could play for another hour.  M. watched Tennessee get beat by Auburn and the other two played “broom ball” in the hallway and with the Lego’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment