Oh my, these last three years have flown by! Cassie was born exactly three years ago today . . . now she is three going on 13 I think! I talked to her mama tonight . . . I actually called to talk to Cassie {but I called too late and they were putting her to bed} to wish her a happy birthday! Mama said that they didn’t tell her that it was her birthday because they were going to have her party on the 24th or 25th.
These two photographs are of little Cassie on the day that she was born. Isn’t she adorable?
And this is what little brother was doing when we came home from the hospital that evening after all of the excitement was over.
This morning I finished up the card that I made for Michael. I was to take it to Jerry before he left to go to meet the bus at church for the Emmaus Walk group that Michael was going with. First I ran by the bank to deposit a check for E. and then ran by the post office to mail Bess & David’s anniversary card. I dropped off my letter and the one from E. with Jerry and went inside for a few minutes. Jane was cooking for the supper tomorrow night for the church budget groups meeting.
I had a salad for lunch and did a little reading . . . still working on “The Lucky One” by Nicholas Sparks. I finished “My Life in France” by Julia Child and need to take it back to the library tomorrow. I liked it . . . there was lots of French food talked about which I didn’t really understand, but the story was good. It was fun learning more about Julia Child.
Julia with Simone Beck whom she collaborated with for the book, Mastering the Art of French Cooking.
I ran into the grocery on my way home for:
- sugar
- bananas
- calcium tablets
- & bread
Then home to work on our closet for a little while. At 4:30 I drove over to Jane’s house to help her put the pumpkin centerpiece together for her dining room table. We went to The Chop House for supper and then came home.
My package arrived for the little Just Ducky Quilt that I sent off for. The flannel is really pretty and I know that I’ll enjoy working on it after Christmas. Now I just need to find a place to keep the pattern & fabric together so I won’t forget that I have it in January!
No comments:
Post a Comment