I didn't forget my appointment with Dr. Akin . . . for some reason I just knew that I would forget it. I stuck a post-it-note on my bathroom mirror to remind me! I knew that I was due to have a check-up . . . but had no idea that it had been seven years since I had been. My eyes were fine and actually the near sightedness was better than the last time. I did have a bit more blurring in the left eye . . . so got a new prescription and ordered a new pair of regular glasses & a pair of sunglasses too. The worst part of the eye exam is the choosing of the new frames! And, the dang things are so expensive too.
I finished a little after ten, so I went to Kroger's for some groceries . . . stuff to make tacos for supper and fruit and milk. I met the girls for lunch at 11:45 . . . all eight of us were there today. Jane & Carol were dropped off by Dave & Jerry . . . the guys went to Macaroni Grill to eat with a group of church men and then picked the girls back up later.
I came on back home and worked on the computer finishing up the current 3Kits 3Ways challenge for the DD blog. I'm taking a class from Debbie Hodge called Page Building and one from Jessica Sprague on using my pen tablet . . . both started today . . . I didn't get the assignments for either of them finished. I am getting behind in Cathy Zielski's class (which I love). . . Design Your Life . . . just can't get all of the stuff done. I hope to pick up in Cathy's class later on . . . I was out of town for three of the days and couldn't catch up after I got home. I love this class so much that I'm just going to make the time for it . . . and learn from it! I have learned that I don't need to sign up for more than one thing at once for awhile!
I wasn't quick enough to catch him actually filling the feeder,
so here is the exit . . . as I sit looking out the window.
E. worked outside filling all of the bird feeders and searching for the missing feeder and suet box that the raccoons drug off this week. I made tacos for our supper and we ate sort of early. E. went to the cabin to watch a movie and his 24 show on the television. I called Aunt Velma . . . she had a skin cancer taken off of her face just under her eye . . . said that they froze it off and that unless it came back, that it was o.k. She told me to wait until next week to come . . . it is just too slick there to get out to do anything out in town. I messed around with the computer.
"Let books be your dining table,
And you shall be full of delights
Let them be your mattress
And you shall sleep restful nights."
~ Author Unknown
I forgot to take my camera with me today . . . and realized about 7 o'clock that I hadn't taken my POTD today. Took it. Here it is. I took my bedside table just as it sits . . . dust and all. I didn't mean to take the shot at a slanted angle . . . it looks like all of the books are ready to slide off of the table.


No comments:
Post a Comment