First things first . . . our new granddaughter is three months old today . . . and we are seeing her again on Friday when they come to our house for the weekend!
I have The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art blog on my Google reader. It is one that I click on each time that it appears and I never fail to enjoy what I read there. Today they speak of an upcoming art auction . . . there are sooo many wonderful paintings from artist. I particularly loved these.
[ Eric Carle ] [ Chris Van Allsburg ]
[ Jane Dyer ]
These three children’s book illustrators/artists are among my favorites. I would love to attend the auction . . . but I do have enough sense to know that I could not afford to make a practical bid for any of the paintings. { The Eric Carle Very Hungry Caterpillar's opening bid is $10,000! } I think of these three that the one by Chris Van Allsburg is my favorite! I can just visualize my name on this clever bookplate . . . can’t you see your name there too?
I just clicked on Debbie’s Get it Scrapped site and found a game that Tami started earlier . . . I jumped in very late . . . it is fun! The gist of it is Tami started it with a “would you rather do this . . . or do that” question. The next person answered the question and added a “rather this or that” of their own. I’m heading back to see if anyone else is playing or if everyone is eating supper by now.
I finished this double page layout using Paula Gilarde’s sketch no. 20 from the “Get it Scrapped” site. I began by making a single page layout very much like Paula’s original sketch . . . and then I wanted to use more of these cute photos and ended up with a double that is not much like the sketch I’m afraid! Sorry Paula . . . I want to use the sketch for a single again so it will end up like yours! The boys are so cute playing together . . . there are four years between them but James is so sweet and kind to Henry and he truly does seem to enjoy playing with Henry most of the time.
Supper tonight was chili made with Mother’s old recipe . . . I know it by heart after all of these years and just throw lots of things in the pot!
Celery, onion, green peppers, at least two kinds of beans, ground beef, garlic, chopped tomatoes, tomato juice & plenty of chili powder!
Tonight E. said that I skimped on the chili powder.
Gee whiz E. . . . I thought that it was the salt that I skimped on!
Sometimes I put shredded cheese, sour cream
& chopped spring onions on top, but not tonight.
. . . and pears for dessert . . .
The chili looks wonderful!! Love your photos Mollie...seems as though we both share a love of Hadley Pottery!!! I have 28 full place settings. Everytime we go to Louisville I always have to add more to my collection. Love following your blog!
ReplyDelete