Tonight we had okra, tomatoes & cornbread. Food just doesn't get much better than this when fresh vegetables are in season! I had my mammogram today and then had a solitary lunch with a good book ... E. had worked outside all day. We dressed to go to the funeral home and then came home and ate our good supper.
I learned how to link a photograph from my blog to another site from Tami at Get it Scrapped. So, since we had cornbread for supper I thought that I would link to an old layout that I did with my recipe. It took me awhile to do this correctly and I'll probably have to do it a couple of dozen times before it sinks in permanently!
My present "good book" is "Shanghi Girls" by Lisa See. I am half way through it and I'm throughly enjoying it. Her words paint the most vivid pictures ... I can imagine having my camera with me as I hover above the scenes as they play out in my mind. Well, most of the scenes ... some of them are too sad to want to be a part of. I love this background from Lisa See's site.I am going to email Janie & Paula tonight to see if they have read this one. And, to see what they think of it too.


No comments:
Post a Comment