8.01.2009

:: snapshot saturday ::

I have just started my first blog to post the photos for the "I love photos" challenge from Debbie's Get It Scrapped site. I hope that this works for me . . . it sounds like a great idea! I love posting at Flickr on the Designer Digitals 365 photo a day challenge, and think that this will be fun too. I have loved the blogs that are already up! Great job girls.

Katrina said: "I love photos! I love photos with blogs! So we are kicking off our August blog challenge with a Snapshot Saturday Scavenger Hunt!

Get out your camera, find three items and post to your blog and link us up here! No blog? Post them here.

You are looking for:
1. Something You Love
2. Something Yellow
3. Something From Above

Don't worry over settings or the perfect photo or the right camera. Take pictures"

O.K. . . . I've been outside and inside with my camera and had such fun taking lots of photos. Photos up high, down low, lying down, standing on tippy toes! I swatted mosquitos, stepped in a hole, had to run inside to answer the phone and decided that I had snapped enough!

Now I'm sitting at my computer playing with this new blog, listening to Big Band Hits on PBS, looking at & loading my photos. Great Saturday night activity with my husband sitting nearby with his new David Baldacci book.


.
{ something I love }
I love that our grandson, Henry set these toys on the window ledge this afternoon!
.

{ something yellow }
This is John Deere yellow . . . a tractor wheel sitting idle in the mud.



{ something from above }
I looked dowm while walking in a fence row and saw this pretty little bug sitting on a leaf below me!


{ a second something yellow }
.
. . . I couldn't decide which one to use. I've no idea what this yellow bucket holds, but liked the way it was sitting with the hose on top and the rusty can behind it . . . so snapped away and got this one that I liked just as much as the tractor tire. Now I cannot wait for Sunday and Monday to roll around to see what lies ahead!

I just noticed that all four of my photos have yellow in them . . . even the little bug!

6 comments:

  1. Cool Photos, you were very creative in getting unusual shots..I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh those are good. I really love the bucket it has such a mood to the photo.. great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful shares!!! I love love love that first shot - the train, the hour glass - we had those toys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do I get to christen your blog with the first comment? How lucky am I? These are all wonderful shots Mollie! Your photography skills just get better all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mollie your photography has just become so stunning! You have such a great eye for detail and you've captured the best tidbits of your life here! I'm so glad to see you blogging too! Into my google reader so I don't miss a post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these photos are beautiful and your blog looks amazing...love your banner!

    ReplyDelete