I am heading down the road and around and around the lake and will hit just a tiny bit of the interstate and then land on Aunt Velma's doorstep about 10:00 this morning . . . at least that was the plan when I woke up. I threw our sheets in the wash and then in the dryer and answered the doorbell to see Jo & Michelle. After a quick visit I loaded the car with my "shopping bag" suitcase that travels with me when I go to Vela's house . . . it is a quick pack . . . my always packed Rubbermaid box of miminum make-up, a gown & robe, change of clothes, my current book { The Little Giant of Aberdeen }, a knitting project, my camera and today I'm taking along my camera book and the print off of Katrina's Lesson No. 1 of Through the Lens.
I actually got out of the door about 9:30 . . . loving the "almost" autumn like morning on the road. The temperature was in the low 60's and the light just has a different slant and a more golden color to it today. I was almost in Dry Creek when I saw the most amazing sight. There must have been 75 buzzards sitting in a newly mown field . . . each and every one of them was facing South with each and every wing spread full out. I did a quick U-turn just as soon as the way was clear pulled my camera out of my sack to get this on film. Well . . . just as soon as I rolled the window down one of the birds flew off and all of them lowered their wings! I was so bummed . . . I could kick myself for not having my camera on the seat beside me and for not being able to pull off immediately. Bummed!!!
More pretty scenery as I drove around the lake and crossing the bridge.
As soon as I pulled in the driveway and opened the door, we began planning our day. We would go to eat lunch, hit Wal-Mart in full force, go to the bank & then Hobby Lobby for muslin and some greenery for her fall wreaths. Then home to put our feet up and have a Coca Cola break. After our little break, I went back into town to Office Max for some card stock for Aunt Velma to use in a scrapbook that she is putting together.
{ stained glass window on the front porch of the church }
I drove over to the church where I attended from birth to the day that my husband and I graduated from college and moved away from home, to take a few photos. I ended up taking a couple of the funeral home next door to the church where Jenny lived in the upstairs apartment with her family when we were all children. I spend many happy times in their apartment.
I took one of the side of the building that shows the flat black tar roof just off of Jenny's old bedroom where we used to sunbath when we were in high school! And, of course spent a few minutes reminiscing about all the fun that we had there.
Aunt Velma and I decided to cook supper, and then rethought the idea and picked up two yummmy barbecue sandwiches { $1.79 each on Wednesday's } to bring back home for supper with our cantaloupe and coffee. Good choice and cheap too! I talked to Melinda for a few minutes . . . she is leaving in the morning for a trip to Scotland & Ireland and called to tell Aunt Velma good-bye. Vela worked on a cute little red and white baby quilt and I worked on my photography lesson and did a little knitting. We ended up watching the weather channel on television ... 'cuz there was just nothing else on that was good! Vela likes to watch the Larry King show on CNN, but it was awful tonight!

No comments:
Post a Comment