9.29.2009

:: running around again ::

I jumped out of bed this morning so I could get dressed before the pest control man got here to spray for our spiders.  Yes, we still have spiders in the house . . . occasionally we will see a Brown Recluse.  Yuck.  $60.00 a month and they haven’t gotten rid of them yet . . . we have been having Cook’s come for a year at least.  “The Bug Man” [ Jeff ] seems to think that I need to get rid of everything in our attic!  How can I do that?  Just as soon as he left, I left too!  I love taking a little outing on Tuesdays and today I planned to take my camera to a nearby battlefield to see just what I could see there.  The weather is wonderful . . . at eight it was 50 degrees and the sky was so blue with lots of white puffy clouds floating around.IMG_0230

I stopped at my favorite quilt store to see if they had the flannel that this little quilt calls for.  While I was there, my daughter-in-law, Karen called me from the paper store on 8th Avenue to see where I was.  She had gone down to order a ream of black paper for the programs that she is making for the “Books from Birth” gala.  She had to come back home because Henry has the flu [the boys are on fall break so she took the three of them with her and let them sit in he car while she ran inside] & wondered if I could pick the paper up around two for her.  I said yes, and drove over for it after I had lunch and had a quick visit at Barnes & Noble.

IMG_0232

Isn’t this just the cutest little baby quilt?  I am going to try to get it going to give to our new granddaughter this winter.  They didn’t have any of the fabrics from the designer that is represented here, so when I got home I emailed them and will get the fabrics via the internet.  Easy Peasy . . . except I love to actually see fabrics . . . love to look at color and feel the softness and texture of them.  The net is terrific, but it just cannot compete with a store in my book!APQ-Cover-Dec-2009-540[1] This is the newest issue of American Patchwork & Quilting magazine the quilt is featured in.IMG_0225I stopped at the  little children’s sewing store that Olivia & Joyce go to all the time.  It is a great place . . . very small but packed with lots of great fabric, patterns and terrific sample garments.  I fell in love with this little jacket and bought the pattern & the fabrics for one for Mary Paul.  The pattern is from Pink Fig [ the Natty Jacket & Vest ].  I got enough of one of the fabrics to make a pair of pants to wear with the jacket too.

IMG_0226

And I got Kwik Sew pattern 3664 for this cutie to make for Cassie for this fall.

IMG_0257

I love the colors and the patterns of these.  The one in the store was inner lined with cotton flannel and quilted by machine before it was put together.

IMG_3872 web As I was driving back toward home from the little store I saw this great old vintage painted advertisement on a building.  A man out front told me that he building had been a theater in the past but was a small grocery store now.

I stopped to leave the paper with Karen . . . leaving it on their front porch because she didn’t want me to be exposed to Henry’s flu.  And, because if he saw me he would cry to come home with me.  Bless his little heart . . . I hate it when the little ones are sick.

E. got home from the farm after dark tonight.  He separated the cows from the calves yesterday and had three mama’s in with all of the calves.  He needed to get them out and away from their babies.  When he got home, he said that they were all bawling and that two of the calves had somehow gotten out of their fenced area.  So he had to mend the fences until it was after dark.  E. is a good mama to his baby calves!

We had a bite to eat and watched the third episode of Ken Burn’s The National Parks – America’s Best Idea.  It is a wonderful program and we have loved watching it this week.  After it was over there was a great show on Great Lodges of the National Parks . . . Old Faithful Inn at Yellowstone & The Ahwahnee at Yosemite.

P.S.   I didn’t get to the battlefield with my camera.  Another day trip soon will take care of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment