8.24.2009

:: today . . . done & not done ::

Ummmm . . . what have I done today! Well, I’m at my daughter’s house for a few days . . . she has a conference to go to all day today, so I am chief cook and bottle washer for my new little two month old granddaughter and her four year old brother!

Accomplished today . . .

  • Up at six with the four year old who was ready to play and eat breakfast. He asked me last night what I was making for his breakfast this morning!


  • Bacon and a fried egg in the skillet . . . and toast and blackberries.


  • Daddy takes granddaughter No. 01 to school . . . I had no part in that. She gets herself up and dressed and downstairs and only need some cereal and fruit before she is off for kindergarten.


  • Mommy leaves for her conference at 8 o’clock . . . we saw her off!


  • Breakfast is over . . . Mark & I clean up the dishes and get a jig saw puzzle out to work. He is fast . . . and was impressed that I could put in two pieces with no trouble. We save time to play with Thomas the Tank Engine.


  • Baby awakens at 9:30 and I get a bottle from the frig to warm. {praying that she will take a bottle from me . . . she is breastfed and has only taken three bottles from her dad before today}


  • She chugs the bottle down . . . burps like a pro and promptly goes back to sleep in my arms. Mark and I put her down in the bouncy seat and cover her up.


  • Mark and I read a couple of books and snuggle on the couch to watch “The Little Rascals” movie. He loves that movie!


  • Baby wakes up at 11:30 and is ready for another bottle . . . she takes 2 oz. and then nods off. She is not going to finish so we put her back in for another nap quickly. Her mom calls and said that is normal with her . . . she loves her morning sleeps!


  • Mark and I go out back and played baseball for about an hour . . . the day is beautiful. Low humidity and temps in the low eighty’s here.


  • I make lunch for Mark and myself. Mark wanted a “Coyote Sandwich” which we devised when the baby was born and I was here for two weeks. He wanted to crack the egg and put the cheese on himself and did a pretty good job. Only one chip of egg shell in the pan.


  • We got three hours of sleep from the little tiny before she woke up at 2:30 for the last bottle of the day . . . three ounces this time.


  • Big sis is dropped off at three so the two older kiddos enjoyed playing “going to Disney” for an hour or so before their mom got home.


  • Just a soon as Bess got here, I left to run to the children’s store in town to pick up some Monkey Bar shorts for Mary Paul to wear under her dresses to kindergarten. Then to pick up a casserole at the take out place since I’m not cooking tonight. They had great looking salads too so I got a chicken casserole and two green salads. Then to the Pig for milk, Sprite, crescent rolls and some Motrin (for me)!


  • Got back and we stuck the casserole in the oven and the kids rolled up the crescents and they got stuck in too. Dinner was ready in a flash!


  • I read stories to Mark and then came downstairs to play with the baby while Bess and her husband got the two older kiddos to bed.


  • The house is quiet now and I’ve accomplished making great memories and got lots of loving hugs and kisses.


What I didn’t get done today is still at our house and will be there when I get home! I had much more fun here than I would have had at home cleaning the kitchen and doing laundry! Bess is ironing baby clothes and I'm sitting here chatting an typing. Also, gathering some things to take home repair . . . some hemming . . . some buttons to sew here and there!

1 comment:

  1. What a glorious day Mollie and lovely to have a chance to be par of it all.

    ReplyDelete