- I am an only child and still like to be all by myself . . . but this rarely happens!
- My husband and I only knew each other six weeks before we became engaged. And then we married five months later. {Pretty fast work . . . but it has thrived and lasted for 43 years. It is not unusual for couples to marry quickly during a war . . . my DH went into the Army shortly after our wedding and then to Vietnam the next year.}
- I bite my nails . . . not all the time . . . sometimes they will grow out. And, then it is Katie bar the door . . . they are short in no time flat! Sad but true.
- I have to go to bed with my socks on . . . then I pull them off in the middle of the night ... every night!
- We have four children and eight grands . . . and I can't get enough of the little ones. That blows my liking to be by myself thingy doesn't it?
- I love to sew and have run a needlework business since 1978. It keeps me out of trouble!
- I read every day . . . I always have a book in my purse . . . ALWAYS!
- I was born in a library . . . really, I was! {it was a small hospital before it became the library so I just love to say that I was born in a library}
- I sometimes get up at four o'clock in the mornings. {yes . . . I am assured to be alone at 4 a.m.}
- I take my skinny feather pillow everywhere I go if I have to spend the night. It is always in my suitcase even when we fly. I cannot sleep on hotel pillows!
- I eat lunch with the same eight girl friends every Monday at 11:45 about 50 Monday's in the year. We have done this for over twenty years now. The eight of us also love traveling together and take week long vacations every couple of years!
- I am best friends with seven girls from my hometown that I started first grade with, and we see each other several times a year. {These girls are different than the ones that I eat lunch with in the town where we now live.}
Thanks for the topic today Jane . . . that was lots of fun!
My husband and I only dated 5 months before getting engaged and waited 3 months to get married...so you and you're husband are proof to us that we can make it...now we only have 39 years to catch up to you! Thanks for sharing...oh and have I mentioned I love your banner (I know I have...but I do...its so eyecatching)
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful insight into you and your friends and your connections with others.
ReplyDeleteWonderful!